Sunday, December 1, 2019

Queue up "Christmas Hits"

It is  officially Christmas season so as many may expect, given my namesake, I will be going HARD. 
Thanksgiving break happened… it has never been my favorite holiday and it was especially isolated as all my family is scattered around the country so it was just my mom and I and our little tofurkey (which was amazing, I recommend Tofurkey to everyone). I did get to watch Frozen II (again!) and the new Mr. Rodgers movie.. as well as the entire new season of The Crown, so it was a successful break for TV and films! I also got to spend a couple hours with my best friend and the huge hugs her family gave me made it feel so much more like home, in addition to the bruise on my arm developing from her football tackle when we first saw each other. I got to FaceTime my sister with my mom a bunch to see the holiday decorations in Disney World and hear more about the “behind the scenes”. Although she will also be missing Christmas too which is definitely unfortunate, Disney and Christmas are my two favorite thinks so it just set me up to start getting more excited for Christmas. 
Christmas is arguably the best time of the year and I truly just love all the days leading up to the actual 26th more than anything as people are so much friendlier. Especially in New Jersey… we need that friendliness!  I do wish they didn’t need an old guy in a red suit to spread joy, but I guess pickers can’t be choosers. I also love making gifts for people and cannot wait to get some fun AU/DC gifts for my friends and family. 
I am SO excited to be back with this American family for the next two weeks, even though it is finals time (*screams*). The days off of school were a nice calm before the storm of an insane amount of essays and the craziness of the end of the semester. I am definitely not looking forward to the impending showers of stress and anxiety. 
It is also insane to think that the semester and all my classes will be over after these next weeks. Time has flown by and I cannot imagine not having World Politics every week! WIth that, I’m looking forward to the simulation this week and how it will be a different experience to our previous one. At the time of this post, there are 23 days, 10 hours, and 24 minutes until Christmas…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment