Sunday, November 10, 2019

Call Me Naive.





Transcript of the video (Although, in personal preference, I think listening is better than reading):

Call me naïve.  
But sometimes I think our brain is a detriment not an asset 
Every call to action doesn’t need to include a what’s in it for you 
Everything doesn’t need a reason 
Talking reasons doesn’t always lead to solutions.  
Call me naïve. 
But I believe in the possibility of being good for the sake of being good. 
I believe in the possibility of a mindless mutually benefiting currency of selflessness 
There are acts of kindness that cannot be explained  
I once stood in a DSW admiring a pair of clearance heels that I would never be able to afford if I wanted to afford the price of my education. 
A woman walks up to me and hands me cash. She tells me to buy the heels. I protest but she insists. Give me a political reason why she did that for a complete stranger  
Call me naïve. 
But I believe individual actions can be translated to larger actions. 
Being good is of no intrinsic benefit for you, so you talk and talk and find a way to swing your actions into a benefit for you and them 
If being kind has no benefit to you, why does it feel right? 
Call me naïve. 
But I am waiting for the revolution 
The revolution where a country does good because it is good 
Where people recognize that selfishness is selflessness 
Where people stop talking, stop reasoning, start solving 
Insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results 
I am waiting for the revolution of the end of international insanity 
And people start the insanity of valuing their valueless values  
You can call me naïve.  



Here is a video that I believe speaks to some of our questions about wealth https://youtu.be/IwRphYeVraA 

No comments:

Post a Comment