Sunday, November 10, 2019

The World Spins Faster in College

This past week has been filled with much reflection, besides the normal allocated time in which I write this post. My friend who is still a junior in high school came to visit American… and it was crazy to be reminded of what my life was like only 2 years ago. Time has been flying and I can’t believe that even more is going to change in the next couple of years. To make matters a little more grand,  I made my 3 year academic schedule this week which led my entire day to exist on the brink of an existential crisis. I often feel that so many things are not in my control so I am led to grasp onto any excel graph or chart that can give me some sense of stability in my life. It does not help that life in college is moving a solid ten times faster than life outside. Life in a classroom is matching that speed. Our discussions this past week were extremely interesting and I am starting to see how everyone is actually starting to integrate our learning into the discussion consistently without having to always pull out a direct reference. I also feel a different energy where people are no longer as afraid to disagree with each other and are quicker to respond. It is interesting to think of how far we have come in our debates and discussions from the beginning of the year. I am looking forward to seeing how the second simulation will transpire and the ways in which our lives and actions will continue to change in these next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment