Sunday, November 17, 2019

Distance = Higher Good: Reflection 10




This semester has taught me a very valuable lesson so far, and that is the art of distancing oneself from things or people that do not serve one’s higher good. It’s easy to be passive and to become complacent with things that are not encouraging one’s personal growth. It wasn’t until recently that I thought about the place of things that do not serve one’s higher good  from different perspectives. While sitting in TDR, and consuming a decent vegan pasta with vegan meatballs my friend asked me a golden question concerning a particular situation in my life; She asked, “In what ways does this individual and this situation serve you to your higher good”? The weight of this question was heavy because I struggled to find a positive way that this individual and the particular situation was actually benefiting me and encouraging my personal growth as an individual. I came to the conclusion that having this individual in my life was no longer necessary because no mountains are being moved nor are any milestones being met. Life is short, and time is precious to waste one’s time on unfruitful affairs  is unwise. This reality can even be applied to bad habits. If anything in your life isn’t serving you for your higher good, then more than likely it will be in your best interest to let go. Never be afraid to let go because the pain of letting go and distancing yourself from the things, or people that do not contribute to your higher good will be the strengthening process for you to achieve the better you.

No comments:

Post a Comment