Friday, October 11, 2019

Mid-Semester Reflection -- Week 7

This semester has been a whirlwind. After talking with some friends and other global scholars, the consensus seems to be that time so far here at AU moves slowly as one experiences it, but when looking back on the last 7 weeks it seems like a blur. As we all transition to this lifestyle and begin to dive deeper into our classes, there are probably certain lessons that stand out to us (academic or otherwise). I want to talk about a several lessons I've learned since being here:

  • Make sure to go to TDR when the hot food is being served.
  • Use the CLEAR center to practice my Chinese speaking skills
  • Stay organized with a planner/calendar
  • In classes I'm not as interested in (AUx) participate anyway
  • When making microwave mac & cheese remember to take the aluminum-lined cheese packet out of the mac & cheese cup before microwaving it
  • I have a profound interest in theory and big-picture areas of international studies
  • The lox bagel at Einsteins is a phenomenal breakfast choice
  • Eat food more than once a day
  • Grammar and sentence structure that goes into building sentences is very important when trying to become a better writer
There are definitely some more, but those are the ones I thought of off the top of my head. This second-half of the semester, I hope I can learn from mistakes I've made and also expand on the areas of interest I'm beginning to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment