Sunday, October 27, 2019

Simulation Reflection

Following the individual presentations and our caucus period, something that PTJ said, stuck with me. Within our two decisions, we failed to step back and look at the big picture of who we were all equally representing-- the United States. I noticed how each group became so consumed with their own motivations and what they believed represented their cause most authentically. This led not much compromise to occur amongst the corporations or the humanitarian groups. I also did not notice how I was involved in this lacking desire to question the norm and align my group, the human rights watch with shell or another large corporation, until it was brought up. Thinking back, I wonder how the caucus period and plan formulation would have gone differently given these revised perspectives and having more collaboration occur between morally opposing groups. I also loved seeing how each group used integrated the personality of their company into their presentation... shout out to Shell. This and many other lessons I learned from the simulation through role playing and hands-on experience, are things that I look forward to applying in our future lessons and in my other classes. 
Besides the simulation, this week involved the death of the mouse stuck in our room (RIP) and many late nights catching up. I look forward to this week because of Halloween (!!!) and my writing class that ends at 9:30 pm got cancelled, so thankfully I’ll be able to attend embassy trick-or-treating. I look forward to seeing what other fun spooky events happen this week 🎃

Image result for halloween gif

No comments:

Post a Comment