Sunday, October 6, 2019

Too Little Time -- Week 6 Reflection

This week was, to say the least, a crazy one. It began with Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, which is one of the two most important holidays in my faith. While I had a hard time not being home for the holiday for the first time in my life, I was able to find an inclusive community and have a festive and meaningful experience. Perhaps the hardest part was trying to explain to my professors and peers why I was missing classes and dealing with some backlash for participating in the holiday. I had to spend a lot of time catching up and making up for what I missed (especially because of some particularly difficult writing and Chinese assignments), but it was worth it.

I also had my first Mock Trial scrimmage to prepare for, which was a daunting task. Luckily, I was able to successfully memorize and do a decent job after a large amount of stress and a less than ideal amount of actual practice.

Family weekend came at both a inconvenient but also much needed place because of everything going on and the holiday season. After six weeks, I think I'm finally starting to get into a rhythm of life here at AU... and none too soon, because World Politics theories are starting to develop into a bigger picture, while similar developments are happening in some of my other classes.

Its an exciting but challenging start to my New Year and I hope to become a better student, friend, family member, and person in general!

No comments:

Post a Comment