Monday, September 9, 2019

Levine_Reflection Week 2

What a week! Monday is my busiest day of classes, but since labor day was this week I had some more time on my hands. This freed me up to do some work on my organizational skills and tryout for/join some extracurriculars. I really enjoyed being able to settle in better to school in that way.

Diplomatic Risk has been a great experience so far. Back home, original "Risk" was one of my favorite board games that I would play with friends/family, so getting to play the same game but on an even more complex level is so much fun. It also is a great way to simulate how international relations work on a hands-on level. Instead of learning about the trade-offs of different approaches and strategies that countries can employ to protect themselves, we get to actually experience them and be put in the same positions that national leaders may have to face.

I look forward to working with my team and reacting to the changes in the game scenario/developing new strategies of play as the week goes on. Red team's going strong week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment