Saturday, September 21, 2019

Reflection Week #4

Honestly, this week I've just been constantly exhausted. The weekend was pretty fun, exploring Georgetown and hanging out with people. I think I'm really connecting with people and building friendships, which fills me with a lot of joy. 

But then I had rehearsal on Sunday night and it all just kinda fell apart. With the show's performances coming up next week, rehearsals have been longer, more frequent, and, to put it in one word, draining. While I knew that we had a fast production schedule for this show, it didn't really hit me until this week. We've literally had two weeks of rehearsal and our lines have to be memorized by tomorrow. It's all a little crazy. This craziness has led to a lot of late nights doing homework and a slightly messed up meal schedule. I've learned to take things one at a time because otherwise I'll get way too overwhelmed.

However, this week has definitely also had its moments. In my Poverty and Culture class, I've been participating more in class discussions. This makes me feel like I'm showing the rest of the class my worth when I add something meaningful to the conversation, and I'm really proud of that. In World Politics, I contributed to our Machiavelli conversation on Thursday which I would never really have done had I not felt comfortable sharing my ideas with my classmates (and also because I had the baseball at the beginning). This growth in participating in class discussions is definitely something I'm going to continue to focus on because I genuinely enjoy that style of learning. It's also important to be able to speak up in a discussion because there are so many different conversations about social issues happening all around us and the way to make change is to participate in them and add something new.

I genuinely don't think this next week is going to be any better when it comes to how much sleep I'm getting, but hopefully after the show I can really focus on my actions in class and wellness outside of the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment