Sunday, September 29, 2019

Trusting My Process--Reflection 5


Image result for process

 “Trust the process. Your time is coming. Just do the work and the results will handle themselves.” ~Tony Gaskins~

Trusting my own personal process has been my struggle this week. I have hit a wall that I never thought I would face. The carpet was snatched from under my feet, and I was floored. Why am I a Global Scholar? Why am I here at American? I began to ask myself these questions, and of course, the uneasiness and doubt was topped off with a glass of confusion. One paramount event that happened this week that really got me thinking was an SIS panel with 4 SIS faculty who shared their paths to where they are now. It was surprising to know that some of their backgrounds had nothing to do with what they're currently pursuing. However, everything has come full circle, despite their not-knowing. Sometimes trusting the process and going with the flow is the only option and solution for dealing with certain scenarios in life. I am slowly learning to trust my process.

Another feeling I experienced this pass week was the feeling of my voice being stolen from me because since I have been here at AU, speaking has been a difficult task for me because I begin to feel that my words are not of value or good enough to be said, which is a big jump from who I once was, and the confidence I once had in  my voice. I am hoping that through adopting the words of Tony Gaskins, and "trusting [my] process, I will be able to be confident in what I have to contribute to discussions. It raises a concern for me because I am even reluctant to participate in discussions that are not educational. I plan on working with my self to improve this situation.

In World Politics, my favorite reading for the week was John Locke's "A Letter Concerning Toleration". I found the discussion of this particular reading intriguing, because of his main argument of how government should not make decisions based on religious governance made me reflect on what it would really mean for government to make such a move, and the impact it would have on a society. I think about the people whose will contradicts the ideal lifestyle of those who would agree with a religiously influenced governance, and it would result in an uproar of people fighting for their rights. When the government combines religion with their governance they threaten the trust of the public because the public can only stand their rights being threatened for so long. All in all, John Locke proves the negative impact that mixing religion and government has on a society and its people.

I hope this coming week offers a mentally challenging surprise. I'll trust the process.

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiYl-PCqvfkAhXMJt8KHXQEA0oQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhectorpadro.com%2Fcategory%2Fprocess-management%2F&psig=AOvVaw1PmlCh1NthWbBCHpOkYjaA&ust=1569891135122085

No comments:

Post a Comment